Submit Resume click here
Full time energetic, optometric receptionist needed for busy established 3 doctor eye clinic in Regina area. Job is a team environment of four other staff members. Experience in eye care strongly preferred. Salary depends upon experience and training.
- Scheduling contact lens fits and optometric procedures.
- Dispensing replacement contact lenses
- cash drawer management (reconciling, balancing, deposits).
- Obtaining referrals and entering referrals.
- Chart preparation;
- answering telephones, taking messages and routing calls;
- collecting fees;
- patient registration;
- chart organizing and management
- Sort the clinic magazines each week.
- Routing slip management.
- Final chart checkout (confirm completion of billing charges).
- Filing processed charts.
- Sorting and delivery mail.
- Collecting and posting co-payments and service payments.
- Optimizing and managing patient flow schedule for all doctors.
- Triage of telephone calls for eye problems.
- Refilling medication prescriptions by telephone, fax and in person.
- Releasing CL and spectacle prescriptions
- Processing patient recalls: cards and computerized phone calls.
- Patient insurance benefits verification.
Skills And Abilities
- Health services
- Essential Skills
- Computer use
- Critical thinking
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Provide basic information to clients and the public
- Receive and issue payments
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Obtain and process information required to provide services
- Operate switchboard or telephone system
- Perform clerical duties, such as filing and sorting and distributing mail
- Record and relay information
- Schedule and confirm appointments
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- General office equipment
- Database software
- Switchboard 1-25 lines
- Word processing software