The Spectrum Eye Centres has opened both our East Eye Centre at 2627 Star Lite St. and 4401 Albert St. South. We are be open by appointment only, including the dispensary.
The Spectrum Eye Centre places our team and our patient’s safety above all else. We take pride in meeting and even exceeding the infection control protocols of the Saskatchewan Association of Optometrists, and are now taking extraordinary steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Changes you will notice.
1) Before your arrival, you will have filled out a new patient information form by email. This will eliminate any paper and allows us to have our computer exams fully ready. To assist with contact tracing, arrival and departure times of people in the office will be tracked.
2) You will be greeted by a staff member as you enter and be provided with a surgical mask, a pair of surgical gloves or a hand sanitizer to use in your visit that day.
3) You will have your temperature taken with a non-contact infrared thermometer and be asked some COVID -19 screening questions to see if there are any changes from your on-line submitted form.
4) We have installed Lexan barriers at our front desk and expect the 2 meter social distancing to be in place as much as possible. Luckily, the space we have at the Spectrum allows us to do this very well.
All of our team will be in surgical scrubs and
will be wearing mask and gloves.
5) We have taken the step of doing iCare tonometry to check eye pressures to minimize tear splash. Patients are actually loving this new procedure.
6) We have installed Lexan barriers in our frame gallery and set up dispensing stations to insure you stay safe while our dispensers assist you with all of your optical eye wear needs. There will be no self-browsing in the frame gallery. A dispenser will hand pick options for patients with an appointment and all frames will be sanitized after handling them prior to returning to the display board.
All of our pre-test and exam rooms and equipment will be
personally sanitized for each patient.
7) To assist with social distancing and reduce the number of people in the office at one time, patients will not be permitted to bring any additional persons to their appointment with them. This means minors are not permitted to accompany an adult patient unless the minor also has an appointment the same day. Exceptions will be made to this to allow for one accompanying person in the case that a patient is a minor or has physical or cognitive impairment that necessitates having another person present. Minor children and/or guests that do not have appointments are not permitted in the office.
You will notice fewer waiting room chairs, spaced out
to encourage physical distancing.
In order to control the entry and allow for proper screening of people entering the office, when you arrive for an appointment or optical service, please call our office at 306-761-3937 when attending the East for eye appointments and 306-586-3937 when attending the South for your eye appointments. We will “check you in” at that time and request that you stay in your vehicle when possible until our team is ready to serve you upon entry into the office.
You can have your glasses or contacts delivered directly
to your home for free. If you would rather pick them up
at the clinic you can also request curbside pickup.
The Spectrum will strive to minimize the risk of transmission in any way possible and as such we appreciate your understanding and patience with the measures we are implementing during this time.
Minimal contact time has been advised and as such our team will work to be as efficient as possible.
We hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
The Spectrum Eye Centre